I’ve been appointed the Versatile Blogger Award! Wowser! So, I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself and then give you my favorite bloggers to check out. Thanks from Resting in His Grace
1. I am almost 62 years old. That seems amazing. I’ve been married 41 years to my childhood sweetheart and we still like each other! LOL
2. I have 2 children. Stephen is a prayerful man and my prayer buddy. He is a wonderful provider and father to his 4 children and has been married 16 years. Catherine is my closest friend. Because of the economy and lack of good paying jobs in our area, she has 2 part-time jobs and has a web business and edits new manuscripts on the side. I’m proud of both of my kids.
3. I like anything Star Trek, whether it is movies or books to read. I have watched all the different series repeatedly. I like Stargate SG1, NCIS, Dancing with the Stars, So you think you can Dance?, Project Runway, America’s Next Top Model, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, Storage Wars and Pawn Stars. There are probably a few others, but can’t think of them off the top of my head.
4. I’m an armchair activist. I keep up with politics (when I can stand it) from several conservative “watch-dog” publications. I write my congressmen often and sign petitions when I think it will help.
5.I love blogging. I started writing with poetry and some articles on helium.com and discovered blogging. I really enjoy ranting about whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. I’ve spent a lot of time on mylot.com also, and sometimes if it is a quick rant, it goes there under estherlou instead of developing into a full blog. I never forget one rule though…if I don’t want all of my friends and family to know something I’m thinking, or don’t want to hurt their feelings, I don’t write about it.
6. I like to sing, though my voice has lost what it was when I was a music major. I like many types of music, including opera and country music videos, and Gaither-style southern gospel. I listen to the radio in the car, at work, and during the night as we sleep and it is always on KLove, a Christian radio station.
7. I am a Catholic Christian as well as a Charismatic and depend upon prayer to get me through the day. I am very conservative and seem to have gotten more conservative the older I’ve become. I was a Democrat when I married in 1970, but when the two parties switched what they stood for sometime in the 80’s I became a Republican. The Democratic party is now way too liberal for my tastes and I am pro-life. I also have always worked hard for my small salary and never understood why so many people got handouts when we worked so hard.
8. I like to read and when I could no longer afford to buy books, and my back room was full of book shelves, I slowed down. Now I have a new Nook and my love for reading has come back.
Now you probably know more about me than you ever wanted to know. But it took less time than reading all of my blogs to figure out who I am. See you around WordPress.
Bloggers I enjoy…in no particular order…
I know I read many more blogs than this, but can’t remember them all right now. I had a technical glitch awhile back and lost my subscriptions and had to start hunting for them all over again. I’m still in the process. Thanks for stopping by.
Pingback: Smokebear receives a “Versatile Blogger Award” « Smokebear
I even learned a few things. Love you.
I guess if blogged more, I’d be on your list??
Yes, I started to leave you on the list, but it had been so long since you posted anything I didn’t. Sorry daughter mine.
Congratulations on your award and thanks for sharing about yourself. I enjoyed the read. 🙂
Enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing!