I’m never going to:
- go bungee jumping! At my age, I’m more timid than I used to be, but I can’t imagine ever wanting to bounce up and down on a giant rubber band.
- go on a cruise. I think I wanted to at one time, but now, being handicapped and needing the wheelchair to get around, I don’t think it’s going to happen.
- visit Hawaii. I’ve never been a ‘bathing suit’ person, so I never saw the attraction.
- swim in an ocean. I’ve seen too many shows showing sharks or stingrays. And once again, there is that bathing suit issue.
- wear a bathing suit. I was always leery of showing that much skin. I never liked my arms or my thighs showing. It somehow made me feel naked and exposed. And I’m too old and fat.
- jump out of a plane. Sky diving always looked very cool, but I don’t like heights!
- run a marathon. I’ve always admired athletic people but since I am home bound and can’t walk very well I can’t see this one happening. If in the future I get two new knees, who knows what might happen.
- experience childbirth. I had my two children in the early 70’s. They ‘put you to sleep’ to give birth back then. There was no such thing as ‘natural childbirth’.
- dye my hair blue, or green, or bright purple. I’m too afraid of the looks I would get. I tend to be an introvert. I wouldn’t have the courage.
- get a piercing. I have pierced ears but can’t imagine piercing my tongue, or eyebrow or nipple.
- get a tatoo. I marvel at the artistry and the beautiful bright colors, But I don’t think I could stand the pain. I had trouble with electrolysis.
- eat a bug, or chocolate covered crickets. I am NOT an adventurous eater. I’d probably gag. And what about feeling the legs as they go down?
- go skiing. I like to look at snow, but don’t like getting out in it. And I hate being wet and cold.
- get drunk, or high. I tried getting drunk when I was younger. I didn’t like it. I always wanted the illusion of being in control of myself. And never wanted to experience going to jail.
- go rock climbing. There is that height thing again, and where’s the safety net?
- stop procrastinating. I could always relate to this concept…never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
- become a morning person. Early morning seems like the middle of the night to me. I like staying up late and sleeping late. Sunsets are better than sunrises.
- go skinny dipping. There is that ‘naked and exposed’ thing again and I’m way too old.
- have a food fight. Sounds interesting, but who’s going to clean up afterwards?
- pay cash for a car. I always thought it would be awesome to buy a new car and pay cash for it. Unless I win that lottery, I don’t see that happening.
- become a nudist. There is that ‘naked and exposed’ thing again.
- win the lottery, or get a check from Publisher’s Clearing House. My mother always said, “Someone has to win. It might as well be me!” Great thought, but I never even won anything playing bingo so can’t see this one happening. And for some reason, you have to buy lottery tickets to win.
The list could go on and on, but you get the idea. Do you have a ‘reverse bucket list’?