There are people who are for and those against genetically engineered food. It’s bad enough we consume a plethora of chemicals we take for granted and now we are playing around with genetics. It can be a scary thought.
“Not only are GM foods less nutritious than non-GM foods, they pose distinct health risks, are inadequately regulated, harm the environment and farmers, and are a poor solution to world hunger. Worse still, these questionable GM crops are now polluting non-GM crops, leading to contamination that cannot ever be “recalled” the way you can take a bad drug off the market … once traditional foods are contaminated with GM genes, there is no going back! Vrain expanded:3
“Genetic pollution is so prevalent in North and South America where GM crops are grown that the fields of conventional and organic grower are regularly contaminated with engineered pollen and losing certification. The canola and flax export market from Canada to Europe (a few hundreds of millions of dollars) were recently lost because of genetic pollution.”
Check out the article for more information.
- Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out on the Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food (articles.mercola.com)
- Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food (ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com)
- Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food (2012indyinfo.com)
- Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food (healthimpactnews.com)
- GMO genetic pollution alert: Genetically engineered wheat escapes experimental fields planted across 16 states (naturalnews.com)
- Top 10 Reasons to Oppose Genetic Food Engineering (GMOs) (undergroundhealth.com)