Today is a day for family and friends to get together and share food, fellowship and give thanks for everything. I thought I’d list a few of my things to be thankful for. We get so wrapped up in our everyday struggles, it is good to see the good instead of the negative.
- I am so thankful for God in my life. I can talk to Him and pray to Him and know He listens to me. He gives me strength and comfort when I need it. I couldn’t function without God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in my life!
- I am thankful for my husband of 42 years. We first met in 7th grade, went steady, broke up, and reconnected and married after 2 years of college. He has been someone who loves me when I didn’t feel lovable and never understood what he saw in me and has been there for me for all these years. I have considered him to be a saint for putting up with me!
- For my two children…son Stephen and daughter Catherine…two special people who grew up to be great people despite their crazy mother! I love them both very much.
- I am thankful for a house over my head, with electricity and running water. Things we take for granted are the most important.
- For my health. I am thankful for being blessed with good health. Now that I am older and struggling a little with arthritis and with walking, I say thanks often for the strength in my hands, arms, knees and legs that continue to get me around.
- I am thankful for friends over the years who have touched my life in various ways. I feel God put people of faith in my path to help me or to guide me without me realizing it until later.
- I am thankful for having met the Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in 1990. They are a community of Charismatic Nuns who have loved me and prayed for me and my family over the years. They have loved me and guided me and offer their prayers and I see them as examples of how to live in faith.
- I am thankful for my job and the chance to be creative and for my wonderful Boss.
- I am thankful for being able to put a few words together legibly so that I can share a piece of my life and talents with others. I am thankful for all my talents and the ability to use them and to share them.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am planning a stress-free and relaxing day. God bless everyone.