I read someone’s post giving 15 random facts, so I thought I’d give it a go. Since I had read a lot of posts on political issues, my random facts seem to lean in that direction. But still…it’s an interesting way to get to know me a little. Here they are.
13 random facts…I couldn’t come up with 15.
1. I am an unabashed conservative Christian, and tend to become more conservative the older I get.
2. If there is to be a federal income tax and social security, then everyone should have to pay into it…no exceptions.
3. I think outsourcing should be outlawed. The US should learn to support itself and benefit the working class.
4. We need to figure out a way for someone besides the ultra-wealthy to enter politics. The wealthy don’t know what it is like to live like we do and thus have no impetus to improve the lower and middle class.
5. Give small businesses and small family farms the tax breaks. They are what made America what it is and supply jobs for most of us.
6. If members of Congress don’t show up for work, they don’t get paid.
7. One of my pet peeves is people who don’t know how to spell or use text speak in emails or in social media. I think kids should not be able to graduate from high school if they can’t spell.
8. If people who used profanity in public were ticketed, we could reduce the national debt and give the rest of us a break.
9. I expect honesty and integrity. I have zero respect or trust for someone who lies and sees nothing wrong with it.
10. I’m scared of guns, but if you want one…that’s okay with me. Just be diligent and keep them away from kids.
11. I’m a city girl, so I don’t hunt or fish. My meat comes from the supermarket.
12. I think it’s important to use “please” and “thank you”. A little bit of courtesy can go a long way, and it can be catching.
13. I think it is important to have a prayer life. God, my faith, and my prayer life are what keeps me sane
Now it’s your turn to share…and be sure to tell me what you come up with.