There are lists for everything and here is one for the most hated baby names. Here is the list.
- Nevaeh (“Heaven” spelled backward and one of the most divisive names around, according to Wattenberg.)
- Destiny (People dislike names that confer a virtue onto a child, Wattenberg said — and many felt associated this name with exotic dancers.)
- Addison (An example of a masculine named turned feminine, which many people dislike, Wattenberg said)
- Gertrude (People said this name is “ugly.”)
- Kaitlyn (For its “made-up” spelling.)
- Kaden (These rhyming names struck many as overdone, Wattenberg reported.)
- Hunter (Too much like a last name or “too violent.”)
- Bentley (People dislike brand-name names, Wattenberg found, calling them “trashy”)
- Michael (Too boring, according to some.)
I’m old school. You grew up knowing how to spell names, and now people spell them really crazy ways to be “unique”. All I think is how that child will never be able to spell his own name, and no one else will either. I grew up having people misspell my first name as well as my last name and it is a big pain. There are so many strange spellings now a days that an entire generation will grow up with this problem. You can check out the whole article if you like.