This blog had an interesting subject. It got me to thinking. Do I even have 5 things about myself that others don’t know and that I am willing to share? Hmm…I tend to be a very private person and only share what I want to share with co-workers. I share a lot of my life with one certain person at work, but even so…I am a person who doesn’t share just anything and everything easily. I was told to never “wash your dirty laundry in public”. In other words, there are always things that need to remain private and within your family circle. Let me think. There must be other things, innocuous things that others don’t know that I can share. let’s see…
1. I used to make rosaries to send to missions. I enjoyed sending them all over the US and to other countries. And then the arthritis in my wrists caused too much pain and prevented me from making rosaries.
2. I used to sing. Who hasn’t? you ask? I mean, I used to sing opera. I even was hired to sing with the Symphony once. When I was young, I wanted to make my living singing. I majored in music and minored in art. I ended up being a cake decorator for the past 30 years. It enabled me to use that creative streak within. Later in life, I dabbled in painting again. The love of singing remains. I love listening to Christian radio and enjoy Country Music videos. Contrasts, right?
3. I’m a Star Trek fan. I watched the original series, the Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine. I watched every Star Trek movie that ever came out. I read Star Trek books in all 4 series voraciously for many years. Next best, was Stargate SG1. I watched it for the entire 10 years it was on tv and continue to watch the re-runs now. I mean, it was McGyver after all!
4. I like to write. I dabbled in poetry off and on over the years, and tried my hand at articles. Then, I discovered blogging. Hmm…since you are reading this, perhaps this one doesn’t count.
5. At 59, I discovered Harvest Moon and various other wii games. I found them to be quite addictive! It seems I have an obsessive/compulsive personality. It can be playing the wii for hours on end; or spending a weekend watching a marathon of NCIS or some other favorite program.
6. I’ve always been a cat person. l like their independence. I like that they bathe themselves. I like that they don’t bay all night, they don’t jump up and down, and they don’t slobber. I like the sound of a satisfied purr. I like that I don’t have to take them for walks to keep them happy. They are satisfied with a good rub and a cat toy.
What is there about you that everyone doesn’t know? What are you willing to share?