Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home – Chicago Tribune. The article says it is a common practice in the Chicago area. The principals of each school can choose to ban lunches from home citing the children get better nutrition if they eat the school food. I remember when I was a child, taking your own lunch in a lunchbox was common. School lunches cost a bit of change each week and for families with more than one child, it can really add up! The schools say it is to prevent those kids from eating a coke and a bag of chips for lunch instead of a balanced meal they offer. I feel it is just another way for the system to take away the rights of the parents. I feel the parents need the choice.
Blogs I Follow
Top Posts & Pages
- Our mini adventure with the electricity today
- What Perfume Do I Choose? What Does It Smell Like?
- Netflix: Robin Hood
- Just Whining
- Don't let the negatives bring you down
- Julie Schenecker, Florida Mother, Accused of Killing 'Mouthy' Kids - ABC News
- Soup Diet Basic Recipe - Hearty Vegetable Soup - Good Housekeeping
- Is is still winter?
- I've lived a sheltered life!
- Ignore the dragons